Saturday 16 July 2011

suspension

I am called to a PCT hearing 'to consider suspending' my inclusion on the performer's list. A performer is a doctor, dentist or optician permitted to carry out NHS work in the PCT area: each performer is given a number for administrative purposes. The number is different to national registration with a professional body, essentially it is a way to be paid money by the PCT in return for agreeing to work to their rules and regulations. As you might expect, initial acceptance to the list and provision of a number is subject to satisfactory completion of application forms and reference and criminal record checks.

As my indemnity society have broken off contact with me and all my money is in property, I am not legally represented at the hearing. The PCT officers are in possession of the bundle sent to them by Mr Holgate; my diary is missing. The expert opinions previously provided to the PCT are also missing, indeed I have no idea at this point that they were obtained, at cost of around £1,000 to the taxpayer, never mind what they are. The hearing lasts two hours and the outcome is never in doubt. I learn that the suspension is paid.

Two days later I receive notification of suspension for six months. No reason is given.

No comments:

Post a Comment