Monday 11 July 2011

first sign of trouble

A member of staff who I work with frequently has had two close relatives attend my surgery as patients, and both have complained. Her mother was clearly not interested in receiving treatment from me, and has transferred to my boss after saying she wasn't happy with me. Her teeth were heavily nicotine stained and she has now had two scalings at the taxpayer's expense. Within a few weeks, the staff member's cousin also attended my surgery. I knew she would be trouble but I felt I couldn't throw her out-such an action is supposedly unethical although it happens all the time. The cousin had moderately extensive treatment, then disappeared for several weeks leaving treatment unfinished. The next I heard from her was a written complaint, carried into the surgery by the staff member, along with the cheque for payment, which is of course binned. My boss apparently sees nothing untoward in these events, save that they are of my making.

No comments:

Post a Comment