Sunday 17 July 2011

The Health process

In the New Year, I am given a date in April for the Health Committee. I have not been given a substantial reason for the Health referral. One of the members of the Investigating Committee is a Lady so I don't suppose she even has to wipe her own backside never mind ever explain anything to anyone. I attempt to obtain clarification from the GDCs solicitor about this. She replies only to my first email, after which reply the hearing is postponed until July. This leaves me with the prospect of no income for a period of eight months. Because I have not been given a real reason for the request, I refuse permission to the GDCs psychiatrists to view my medical records. This whole business seems very odd to me. I feel like a dissident who, having been defined as an undesirable for political reasons, has his life turned over in order to find justification for this view, a process I have undergone several times already at practice level and, to a lesser extent, PCT level. I grant permission to be interviewed by two psychiatrists, and for drug and alcohol testing.

The psychiatrists attend my residence and each interviews me for an hour or so. They do not take samples for analysis. A week or so later, I receive their reports. Each one has independently diagnosed me with Narcissistic Personality Disorder and recommended medical supervision on any return to work.

Around this period, Dental Protection contact me to offer their help but I decline it.

No comments:

Post a Comment