Sunday 17 July 2011

limbo

Several months pass- another £550 to the GDC.

I contact both the Dental Director and the Chairman of the PCT but it is clear that no further help or support will be forthcoming. My hopes rise a little when I see that they are advertising anciliary jobs to which I am eminently well suited but I receive no acknowledgment of my applications.

At some point I receive notification that the Professional Conduct Committee will sit in April 2010.

Bowing to intense family pressure and acting entirely against my instincts, I re-establish contact with Dental Protection.

In March 2010 I am told that the Professional Conduct Committee has been postponed. Since Dental Protection are supposed to be helping me I ask them to contact the GDC and ask them why they are being such bastards but my request is turned down on the grounds that this approach 'would not do any good'.

In July 2010, after several attempts in several months, I succeed in getting the case rescheduled by contacting the GDC Customer Service Number (for patients who are hacked off with them). Their website states that their main purpose is 'to provide a good service to registrants'. It is now clear who they are really acting for. The case is scheduled for February or March or April 2011- I cannot remember exactly what they told me but at some point I opted for the earliest date possible.

I am forced to sell my property that I worked my bollocks off for five years to save for. All of this is having a terrible effect on my mental and physical health.

No comments:

Post a Comment