Friday 15 July 2011

The Dental Protection indemnity society

Shortly before I had formally left my job, I made contact with my indemnity society and made them aware of my situation. I went to their Leeds office where we had the first of many meetings. A disciplinary meeting was scheduled at work. The PCT had been in touch with me and a meeting arranged. Understandably, Dental Protection  were most concerned about the number of patient complaints. Though I explained the nature of the underhand behaviour that had been occurring, they appeared unable to understand this interpretation, and indeed their incomprehension remains to this day.

Having told my indemnity society that they were not allowed to attend the work disciplinary meeting, I was most surprised, on exiting the practice after this meeting, to see their officer sat in her car outside. She said that she was there to speak on my behalf. What she said to my employer afterwards I have no idea. I left the job after this.

The PCT meeting was arranged for a few weeks after this. Dental Protection's officer was due to attend with me, a morning meeting. At 5.30 the day before, Ms Logan phoned me to say that she had cancelled this meeting and had told the PCT what I thought of their procedures. She did not feel it necessary to explain why she had done this. The meeting was rearranged (or so I thought), but when I attended the PCT the dentists and managers I was expecting to meet were not present-only the medical director. We had a brief discussion about the issues, and I confirmed to her that I was looking for further dental work. I felt that I had been abandoned by those who were supposed to be assisting me.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this article.!
    http://www.argylestreetfamilydentist.com.au/dental-implants-parramatta/

    ReplyDelete