Thursday 14 July 2011

The Shropshire County Primary Care Trust meeting

So by some miracle, I had managed to keep on working at the practice long enough for the PCT to have to hold a meeting about the staff and patient complaints-the same behavioural allegations and 'evidence' which caused me to be erased (they were not aware of the clinical details at this time).

Present at the meeting were -

Amanda Atkin  Dental Contracts Manager
Laura Browse  Dental Comissioning Manager
Timothy Parsons  Dentist
Abhi Pal  Dentist
Jeremy Crabb  Director of Primary Care Development
Bharti Patel-Smith  Complaints Manager

Ms Patel-Smith thought I was to blame. The others thought otherwise.
Mr Parsons thought there had been a 'witch hunt' in the area.
Mr Crabb also thought there was a 'conspiracy' in the area.
Ms Atkin also thought I was being 'treated differently', and that my age and gender may be contributing to this.
Mr Pal thought that the patient complaints were so vague that no-one could know what was supposed to have occurred.
Ms Atkin thought that  both my clinical judgment and behaviour must be being negatively affected by the stress I was experiencing.
There was a 'general' discussion regarding the likelihood that the complaints had been generated as a result of collusion between patients and staff.
There were repeated statements that complaints were to be addressed at practice level.

As I write these words I still cannot believe that these things were said but never to my face, even today.

Needless to say the PCT did not divulge this transcript to me. Expert opinion to be used as a defence in a misconduct case? Not according to the Dental Protection indemnity society or barrister Malcolm Fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment