Monday 18 July 2011

General Dental Council Part 4- the liar dentist Chris Holgate

Not a great deal to write about here though I'm sure I'll think of something. It was difficult to portray my previous employer as much other than a well meaning guy who did his best under the circumstances.

His actions in referring me to the PCT and to the GDC had serious and permanent negative consequences for me and he denied both these actions.

In respect of the GDC, I can just about imagine that he had forgotten this referral as a long time had passed and he wouldn't have had any response to his letter. But surely the honest answer in respect of this would have been 'I don't remember'? While sitting with a legal team paid nearly £2,000 a day, it was left to me, who was there gratis after more than two years without an income, to identify the document which proved he was lying.

In respect of the PCT, the proof that he was lying about this as well was the transcript which I have previously mentioned ad infinitum, which stated in black and white that Mr Holgate had sent them the bundle. But my lawyers had binned it.

Although Mr Holgate stated that he 'never saw' this widespread and commonplace behaviour which adversely affected dozens of patients and staff, my brief did not think to ask Mr Holgate whether it had at any point crossed his mind that his staff were being less than honest with him ffs.

So far too late I will put just one question that I would have liked asked- 'In April 2007, when you informed the PCT that I was a competent dentist and that the behavior described to you was entirely inconsistent with what you knew of me, but you were receiving reports of racism, unhygienic practice and intimidation, and staff were running around the practice making public allegations of negligence and firing off letters here there and everywhere, to name just a few problems, did it not at any point cross your mind to think 'there must be something else going on here'?'

No comments:

Post a Comment