Sunday 17 July 2011

The PCT again

The Dental Director of the PCT phones and invites me to a mock job interview. Candidates are being interviewed for a dental job-I don't know which-and I am added to the list. Seems like a good way of doing things, although I receive the phone call at 5.30 the day before the morning interview. The Director indicates that he is perfectly capable of understanding why I would ask a particular question at work, which question would be made much of at a later date.

The mock job interview goes OK. We discuss the conditions imposed on my local license. Again, I am struck by the fact that some of the PCT workers are able to understand aspects of my previous work situation which my employer did not and still, apparently, does not.

1. The Dental Director decided, before meeting me, that it was a bad thing that I left the practice.
2. When I explain that serious problems were caused for me by the other dentists' refusal to see any new patients, the atmosphere in the room changes-you can hear a pin drop.

I explain that I am seeing the GDC at some unknown point in the future, and we have to leave things there.

No comments:

Post a Comment