Sunday 17 July 2011

romances and finances

Shortly before leaving Green End, a woman asked me to accompany her on holiday to South America. She had booked the trip with her boyfriend but they had split up. Not knowing the trouble I was in, she was surprised to hear me say that I did not think I would be able to afford it.

I then went out with various girlfriends for varying amounts of time. Because of my financial situation I could not be serious about them from the beginning, and one said that we could not be together because 'if I was facing what you're facing I would not be able to leave the house'.

I then met someone who I liked a lot. She liked me a lot and we both tried hard, but she was not looking for someone who had no prospects of any sort and who could blame her. Knowing some details of my situation, she said said she would be happy with someone who had just a casual job. Just a month before the hearing she was still keen, but knowing what was around the corner, I was distant. I have not seen her since then.

The money I made from my property sale was not sufficient to buy a new place, and it has been running out quickly ever since.

Of course I should have got a job and I have done some work. It is an exaggeration to say that the dental situation made getting another job impossible but not a huge one. Of the sort of jobs that I was qualified to do, how many would have survived me being on the front page of the local newspaper and Number One on the 'most searched for items' on the BBC news website?

No comments:

Post a Comment