Monday 11 July 2011

complaints log Part 2

Lo and behold, the log is filling up with written records of verbal complaints. I am never alerted to these complaints when they happen, only shown the log by my boss at regular intervals. They essentially all say that I am rude or some variation on this. In six months, I have received two complaints about my clinical practice, although I am seeing a patient cohort with poor dental health. One of these bears little resemblance to the visit which it describes. Weeks can go by with no entries, then two or three appear in a short period. I am concerned that several of these are from patients who have previously requested another dentist at the practice and been denied access, only to be transferred after they complain. I cannot help but wonder how it will not become common knowledge in the town that patients can now access their preferred dentist in this way.

Although all dentists receive negative comments at the desk, I am the only dentist whose complaints are recorded in this way. The log is littered with very obvious date alterations and double counting (duplications).

No comments:

Post a Comment